Make a Lasting Impression

Join the Mailing List

Who's Online

28 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing ImpressCMS Blog)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...
ImpressCMS proudly uses SourceForge
ImpressCMS on Ohloh.net
ImpressCMS Blog > CMS Expo 2010 - ImpressCMS's First US Conference

CMS Expo 2010 - ImpressCMS's First US Conference

CMS Expo 2010 (www.cmsexpo.net) will be held in Chicago on May 3 - 5 at the Hotel Orrington Conference Center and ImpressCMS will be participating as an exhibitor. This event attracts some of the top CMS talent from around the world and it will be an exciting 3 days for all of us!

I am particularly looking forward to meeting Marc-Andre and Niels in person - we've only had virtual interactions until now! But, we also will be working hard to introduce ImpressCMS to a lot of people who use a CMS on a regular basis.

I just got an email today announcing an award being sponsored by the expo, not for a platform, but for websites and app (module) developers. There is an entry fee for submitting an nomination ($10 US), which seems a bit unusual, but I guess it's to keep the process from being flooded by active communities. Nonetheless, the categories for nomination are:

• Best CMS Site
  • Best CMS App
  • Best CMS Theme
  • Best CMS Site Designer
  • Best CMS Site Developer
  • Best CMS App Developer

Got someone you think deserves to win or be recognized? It does appear the winners need to be from one of the featured CMS platforms - Joomla!, Drupal, Wordpress and Plone, but "Entries outside of these categories will NOT be judged for final inclusion in the CMSA Spotlight Awards, but MAY (or may not) be posted on the site as an entry."

Now, we also will be in need of some materials for the show - a flyer to hand out, a presentation we can display in our booth and a logo suitable for use on a t-shirt or golf shirt. There is a relatively short time for all this, so if you're interested, contact me, Niels or Marc-Andre ASAP! Also, if you are in the area and can stop into the show, we'd love to meet you.

We'll keep you posted as we approach the expo and will do our best to give you updates from the show, too.

All posts by skenow
Subscribe to latest posts
The comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.
Poster Thread
marcan
Posted: 2010/4/8 23:10  Updated: 2010/4/8 23:10
Home away from home
 Re: CMS Expo 2010 - ImpressCMS's First US Conference
It will be my pleasure to be there! If you are nearby, stop to say hi
skenow
Posted: 2010/4/11 1:25  Updated: 2010/4/11 1:25
Home away from home
I should also have mentioned that srmcatee (another Steve) will also be joining us at the show. We're going to have a great crew!

The responses have been slow in coming for designing a flyer/handout and website ad banner for the event - you really don't want to leave this up to my design skills!
Madfish
Posted: 2010/4/11 13:24  Updated: 2010/4/11 13:24
Home away from home
I've got a few "days off" starting Tuesday. I can work on the flyer, riots permitting.
skenow
Posted: 2010/4/11 13:44  Updated: 2010/4/11 13:44
Home away from home
That would be great, Simon!