Make a Lasting Impression

Join the Mailing List

Who's Online

30 user(s) are online (13 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 30

more...
ImpressCMS proudly uses SourceForge
ImpressCMS on Ohloh.net

ICMS 1.2.7 LTS - The users listed with 'Find Users' cannot be deleted en masse
Home away from home
Can anyone else reproduce this with ICMS 1.2.7 LTS, or is it just my site...

Login as admin. 'Find Users', and list all users who's login is more than X days (I don't think the time duration matters). The presented list of users all have a tick box next to them, to the left. Right at the top left, in the column headings, is another tick box which, I assume, when ticked is supposed to tick all the users in the presented list so that you can either delete en masse or send a mial to all users en masse.

However, when that top tick box is ticked, no users are ticked and so the list of users cannot be acted upon.

Posted on: 2012/6/23 20:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: ICMS 1.2.7 LTS - The users listed with 'Find Users' cannot be deleted en masse
Home away from home
Just tested on a site and it was working correctly there. The check all box uses javascript to check the boxes - have a look at what javascript is loading to see what might be happening.

Posted on: 2012/6/23 22:15

Re: ICMS 1.2.7 LTS - The users listed with 'Find Users' cannot be deleted en masse
Home away from home
Steve

Looking at the page source, the js file '/include/xoops.js' file is mentioned. I hashed my sites version of that file against the one in the 1.2.7 package and they differed for some reason (probably something I did somewhere in the past). So I uploaded that specific js file overwriting the other one, but the problem persists.

Lines 23-29

<!-- Module Header -->

<
meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript" />
<
meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css" />
<
script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.mysitedomain.uk/include/xoops.js">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">

There were several other js files mentioned in the jquery dir too. So, I uploaded the whole jqury directory to the server and re-ran a search. Problem persists

Mmmm?

Attach file:

png  Screenshot.png (8.07 KB)
1028__267224fea1e749a425.png 291X260 px

Posted on: 2012/6/26 20:26

Home away from home
Any other ideas? Is the ability for Javascripts to run something that is controlled by php.ini? I wonder if it's disabled server side?

Posted on: 2012/6/30 7:50

Home away from home
Inspect a checkbox element for one of the users listed using Firebug extension on Firefox, or with Chrome - it should look like

<input type="checkbox" name="memberslist_id[]" id="memberslist_id[]" value="1">

The checkbox for 'Check All' should be

<input type="checkbox" name="memberslist_checkall" id="memberslist_checkall" onclick="xoopsCheckAll("memberslist", "memberslist_checkall");">

You may have a cached version of the javascript, so empty your browser cache and, while you're at it, delete the files in /templates_c/ to clear out any possible old versions of the page template.

Posted on: 2012/6/30 21:39

Home away from home
A cool addon, Firebug!

It reports:, for check all

<input type="checkbox" onclick="xoopsCheckAll("memberslist", "memberslist_checkall");" id="memberslist_checkall" name="memberslist_checkall">

So it looks the same although in a slightly different order. Not sure if that matters?

So individual elements :

<input type="checkbox" value="370" id="memberslist_id[]" name="memberslist_id[]">

Posted on: 2012/7/2 16:07

Home away from home
The order of the attributes doesn't really matter, just the specifics of each.

Now that you're getting the feel for Firebug, click on 'Console', clear anything shown (Use the clear button), then navigate back to the page. If there are any errors in the javascript, you'll see them in the messages area.

Posted on: 2012/7/2 23:42

Home away from home
Steve

Sorry for the delays!!

OK, I've done that and when I click on the checkbox to select all listed users, it says :

$("[id='" id "']"is null
[Break On This Error]     

return $(
"[id='" id "']")[0];

xoops.js   Line 22

Posted on: 2012/7/24 20:45

Home away from home
Here's what's wrapped around that line in xoops.js

function xoopsGetElementById(id) {
    if (
typeof jQuery == 'function') {
        return $(
"[id='" id "']")[0]; // line 22

} else {
        return $(
id);
    }
}

One of the more js-savvy guys got any suggestions?

Posted on: 2012/7/26 1:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]