Make a Lasting Impression

Join the Mailing List

Who's Online

23 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 23

more...
ImpressCMS proudly uses SourceForge
ImpressCMS on Ohloh.net

Library 1.0 BETA, Contact 1.04 BETA, Sprockets 2.0 BETA - please test
Home away from home
A beta of the Library (ipf) module is now available, together with beta of Sprockets 2.0 and beta of Contact 1.04. I would appreciate it if people could help test these, in particular Library. Sprockets is a dependency if you want to have tags, categories and rights management.

Library has been a long time coming. It's the most complicated thing I've worked on, and of course it was the first module I tried to develop so I didn't get very far the first and second time around. Third time lucky!

Please note that Sprockets 2.0 is not 100% compatible with the other Gone Native modules, I will upgrade them shortly (its a minor issue, but you will experience breakage if you do it).

Library 1.0
----------
* A multi-purpose, single publishing interface. You can publish text articles, images and downloads, and stream audio and video files. You select the 'type' of publication you want to publish and the data entry form reloads with the appropriate fields. At display time, 'type' is also used to assign an appropriate template for that kind of object.

* Support for tags and categories, so you can classify and cross-reference content to your hearts content. You can assign multiple tags and categories to a publication, so you can display it in several parts of your site, if required.

* Support for collections: You can (for example) associate individual sound tracks with an album, or individual articles with a book. When the album is viewed, the related works are displayed as a list.

* Optional RSS feed for each tag and category; RSS autodiscovery links.

* A 'timeline' page allows publications to be browsed by month and year (based on News Archive). Also has separate tag and category index pages.

* Support for the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting - Library can expose its metadata to third party harvesters and participate in distributed digital library systems.

* Dynamic image resizing via module preferences. There are separate settings for 'image' type publications, which obviously you probably want to show larger.

* Toggle metadata fields on or off via module preferences, so you don't need to hack the templates.

* Like the other Gone Native modules, Library uses standard Dublin Core Metadata Intiative Fields as far as possible, and you should too. It also uses the DCMI Type Vocabulary, for specifying object types. Check it out some time!

Sprockets 2.0
-------------
* Adds support for module-specific category trees.
* (Minor) breaks in compatibility with other gone native modules, which need minor upgrades (done, see below).

CONTACT 1.04 BETA
-------------------
* Adds support for module-specific categories, ie. when someone submits a message they can categorise it (support, sales, etc).

>>> Download Library 1.0, Contact 1.04 and Sprockets 2.0.

Posted on: 2012/7/29 13:06

Edited by Madfish on 2012/7/30 11:46:39
Edited by Madfish on 2012/7/30 11:48:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Library 1.0 BETA, Contact 1.04 BETA, Sprockets 2.0 BETA - please test
Home away from home
Just updated the zip file, query load has been reduced and a few bugs squashed.

Edit: Also added (minor compatibility fixes):

* News V1.13 Beta.
* Partners V1.03 Beta
* Projects V1.03 Beta
* Catalogue V1.13 Beta

Other Gone Native modules which are already compatible (as they do not use Sprockets) are:

* Yubikey V1.12
* Podcast V1.31
* Quotes V1.01
* Blank V1.0

Posted on: 2012/7/30 9:09

Home away from home
Just updated the archive again, with more bugfixes for library (fixed category index page, added publication counts, altered sort order to be by date published rather than date submitted).

Test please!

Posted on: 2012/8/2 7:38

Home away from home
From Germany
Hi Madfish,
I installed Library today on a test-system (1.3.2).
I create successfull a Text-Content. Then I head back to the frontend and click the "Library-Link" (/modules/library/publication.php) in the standard-icms-Menu and got a white-page with this error:

Undefined variable: rights_buffer in file /modules/library/publication.php line 310

Posted on: 2012/8/10 16:01

Home away from home
Thanks, fixed in the trunk, I will update the zip file over the weekend.

Posted on: 2012/8/11 0:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]