Make a Lasting Impression

Join the Mailing List

Who's Online

31 user(s) are online (15 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 31

more...
ImpressCMS proudly uses SourceForge
ImpressCMS on Ohloh.net

Testing 1.1 alpha 1
Home away from home
From Spain
Just wanted some plate to tell people how is going.

1 - Fresh installation on Xampp with PHP 5.2.1 and MySQL 5.0.33 worked fine on the first try (good)

2 - Main and User menu are still into tables. I uploaded a modified version of these templates in Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index. ... oup_id=205633&atid=994428

Wich also remove the "edit account" link, as I think is not required. As you can go edit account form from the "my account" menu, a "my account" link should be enough in user menu. Simpler, smaller, cleaner.

3 - Theme iTheme looks pretty good.

4 - Importing CSS into other CSS files means another HTTP request,. If we split too much, we'll start losing speed.

Perhaps we should think of a "Smarty way" of merging all styles in a single file to accelerate css file loading. Perhaps a Smarty file full of includes, so everything is merged in the server, not in the browser.

Posted on: 2008/5/23 9:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Testing 1.1 alpha 1
Home away from home
From Dallas, TX
Yes! A smarty array that would allow you to list paths to each css that needs to be loaded would be superb. Though this will drop the amount of requests obviously the same amount of data will be loaded.

When the theme.info file is implemented we could simply include this in that file. This would keep it separate and all of the results would be cached without caching the css itself, it would also be interesting to expand the browser detection capabilities to load css per browser if its there, instead of forcing us to hack. . we can already do IEFF, and MAC is there anyway that we could go ahead and seperate Opera, Konq, etc? Anyway, i dont want to turn this into a feature thread. Back to testing!

Posted on: 2008/5/23 10:49

Home away from home
From Spain
Happy you find the smarty thing a good idea. I think i'll do a test in the site I'm building now (the designs I posted this morning that you have just seen), and tell you what happens.

Posted on: 2008/5/23 11:00

Home away from home
From Portugal
Notice: Undefined variable: key in C:ProgramasEasyPHP 2.0b1wwwicms11kernelicmskernel.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined variable: urls in C:ProgramasEasyPHP 2.0b1wwwicms11kernelicmskernel.php on line 93

I´getting this errors even with debug off.

Using easyphp(localhost)

Apache 2.2.3
mysql 5.0.27
php 5.2.0

Install went fine
(i believe this echo is the reason why importer function in membership module is not working for some of you)

Posted on: 2008/5/23 18:26

Home away from home
From Portugal

if ( array_key_exists'HTTP_REFERER'$_SERVER) && isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) ) {

86                 $this->urls['previouspage'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

87             }

88             if ( array_key_exists$key$_ENV) && isset($_ENV['HTTP_REFERER']) ) {

89                 $this->urls['previouspage'] = $_ENV['HTTP_REFERER'];

90             }

91             //$this->urls['isHomePage'] = (XOOPS_URL . "/index.php") == ($http . $httphost . $phpself);

92         }

93         return $urls;

maybe should be like:

if ( array_key_exists'HTTP_REFERER'$_SERVER) && isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) ) {

86                 $this->urls['previouspage'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

87             }

88             if ( array_key_exists'HTTP_REFERER'$_ENV) && isset($_ENV['HTTP_REFERER']) ) {

89                 $this->urls['previouspage'] = $_ENV['HTTP_REFERER'];

90             }

91             //$this->urls['isHomePage'] = (XOOPS_URL . "/index.php") == ($http . $httphost . $phpself);

92         }

93         return $this->urls;

This is a very sensitive area and errors will output even with debugger off .

Posted on: 2008/5/24 12:51

Home away from home
Thank you!

Posted on: 2008/5/24 12:53

Home away from home
Reposting the following here. I'm just stuck:

Okay, got past that. Used "None". Not sure what that will mean, though. Now get this:

Quote:

Saving your system configuration

Could not copy the distribution file to mainfile.php

Plus these notices:

Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: ROOT_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 32

Notice: Undefined index: ROOT_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 34

Notice: Undefined index: TRUST_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 34

Warning: copy(/install/templates/sdata.dist.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 34

Notice: Undefined index: ROOT_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 87

Notice: Undefined index: ROOT_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 87

Warning: copy(/install/templates/mainfile.dist.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 87

Notice: Undefined index: TRUST_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 139

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/include/functions.php on line 62

Incidentally, I didn't use the default trust path. Could that be the problem?

Jere

[Edit]
Update: Tried again using default trust path, and it's letting me proceed. So, I have had 2 problems:

1. UTF-8 - Had to select "None"

2. Trust path - Had to use default. We need to be able to define our own or use an existing path.

Posted on: 2008/5/24 16:29

Home away from home
Quote:

jfmoore wrote:
Reposting the following here. I'm just stuck:

Okay, got past that. Used "None". Not sure what that will mean, though. Now get this:

Quote:

Saving your system configuration

Could not copy the distribution file to mainfile.php

Plus these notices:

Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: ROOT_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 32

Notice: Undefined index: ROOT_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 34

Notice: Undefined index: TRUST_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 34

Warning: copy(/install/templates/sdata.dist.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 34

Warning: copy(/install/templates/mainfile.dist.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 87

Notice: Undefined index: TRUST_PATH in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/page_configsave.php on line 139

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/avenue41/public_html/icms11/install/include/functions.php on line 62

Incidentally, I didn't use the default trust path. Could that be the problem?

Jere

[Edit]
Update: Tried again using default trust path, and it's letting me proceed. So, I have had 2 problems:

1. UTF-8 - Had to select "None"

2. Trust path - Had to use default. We need to be able to define our own or use an existing path.

Up and running!

Question: Since this is alpha, does that mean that other things will be implemented, especially OpenID relying authority?

Jere

Posted on: 2008/5/24 17:52

Just can't stay away
Tested fresh install on local computer with ubuntu 8.04 LTS hardy heron,
Server5.0.51a-3ubuntu5
PHP 5
MySQL 5.051a - utf-8

I just had to make the trust path by hand, everything else went ok, great work.

Posted on: 2008/5/24 19:55

Home away from home
From Antwerp
Open ID will be implemented with the beta I think, as marcan is the man of this work, he can better answer this

Posted on: 2008/5/24 20:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]