Make a Lasting Impression

Join the Mailing List

Who's Online

17 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 17

more...
ImpressCMS proudly uses SourceForge
ImpressCMS on Ohloh.net

Re: Future Release: Comments Admin improvements
Home away from home
Quote:

fiammybe wrote:
I'd like to see:
* Add Comments just by entering an OpenID
* allow multiple spam filtering options (Akismet, mollem, reCaptcha, ...) to be added

Agreed with these - but lets improve the basics a bit first

Quote:

Very cool, but not for just yet: being able to replace the comment system easily (preferably without adapting core files) with an online variant like disqus or IntenseDebate.

Definately something for later perhaps

Posted on: 2011/2/13 10:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
Quote:

Madfish wrote:
I'd like people to be able to post comments without the hassle of having to open an account and login to the site - yet retain some kind of anti-spam capability.

A lot of sites require you to enter your email address when you post (just as a reference). The first time you post your comment must be approved by a moderator, but after that your comments are automatically approved.

It's a simple way to assign trust to people who behave reasonably, while stopping drive-by spammers and reducing admin workload.

It's also a lot easier for users, the whole signup business discourages participation by casual readers.

Actually something like this, but using email or openid, could be possible. Could perhaps pass the details as an partly completed user to allow the admin a chance to contact them to turn to a full one.

Possible? Dunno - but worth thinking of perhaps?

Lets look at the basics first and allow enable/disable of elements that arent needed always - and tidying up things that shouldnt show to all users

Posted on: 2011/2/13 10:26

Home away from home
It's nice to see that another project has managed to do a fork of the SmartSection module with an alternative comment system.

Good work to those concerned.

Posted on: 2011/2/13 11:12

Home away from home
Right: suggestions please....

1) lets fix the silly things like showing the check boxes for normal users, and the smiley box when people may not want to use it ... only showing it when required

2) lets then look at improving the back end of the comment system. It's one part that hasn't been imrpoved with IPF.

3) Then lets look at how we can improve it - perhaps allowing peope to sign up at the stage of adding a comment, or even the following crazy idea I had with a discussion with Bleek:

If we can let peope post without a full sign up... except their email perhaps then we could maybe put them into a special user group.

The admin could later email them with a "would you like to join" email perhaps using Autotask for this feature?

Lets get the simpler side done first as perhaps it can be sorted for 1.3?

Posted on: 2011/2/13 11:35

Home away from home
I think david is right, let us first make this small changes which are done fast.
we can later then make the bigger changes

Posted on: 2011/2/13 11:59

Home away from home
Please keep in mind - what needs to be done next isn't the same as what needs to be done. But, everything at is done next should get us closer to completing what needs to be done.

bleekk and David are on the right track - continue on.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 0:15

Home away from home
nice to see no discussion here. there would be 100 posts here if we would talk about new features to impresscms but a improvement seems not to be interessting enough. yeah impresscms 1000 features but it feels like a old grandma, big, fat, inflexible, outdated and with 100 of hurts (bugs).

yesterday I met a friend at the university. A year ago I showed him impresscms and he was using it for several projects. but yesterday he told me that he has switched back to joomla. why?
he didn't want anymore 5 editors which are all not working with all modules, which are all buggy
he didn't want to play arroung with the purifier which even doesn't allow you to embedd videos, music and so on.
he does not understand why in one module the linebreak is bigger then in other, then he had to hack the modules to look all the same
he mentioned some other things which I do not remember anymore

I was really angry after he told me this, but not angry with him but with impresscms. why are such small and often used things not working as they should?!

why is this community so lazy when we talk about improvements?
oh I now, everything does what it is designed for. :-(

//yeah I have the option to disable smilies for this post so I disabled it LOL

Posted on: 2011/2/17 9:35

Just can't stay away
From Vilnius, Lithuania
I already made some changes to comments system. However changes not yet in core because it uses upcoming feature - imControls (maybe in 1.4 we will see it).

What I already did:
* support for Akismet
* plugable admin panel module
* Web 2.0 style comments - yes with AJAX :)
* WordPress Style anonymous comments

I agree with bleekk about features. We need to think something about that.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 10:14

Home away from home
thank you very much mekdrop. this sounds great and it is a good move forward. unfortunately even impresscms 1.3 version is not out.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 15:10

Home away from home
Quote:

bleekk wrote:
thank you very much mekdrop. this sounds great and it is a good move forward. unfortunately even impresscms 1.3 version is not out.

It isn't out, but the API is pretty stable. Now would be the time to begin a branch for developing this improvement.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 23:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]