A beta of the Library (ipf) module is now available, together with beta of Sprockets 2.0 and beta of Contact 1.04. I would appreciate it if people could help test these, in particular Library. Sprockets is a dependency if you want to have tags, categories and rights management.
Library has been a long time coming. It's the most complicated thing I've worked on, and of course it was the first module I tried to develop so I didn't get very far the first and second time around. Third time lucky!
Please note that Sprockets 2.0 is not 100% compatible with the other Gone Native modules, I will upgrade them shortly (its a minor issue, but you will experience breakage if you do it).
* A multi-purpose, single publishing interface. You can publish text articles, images and downloads, and stream audio and video files. You select the 'type' of publication you want to publish and the data entry form reloads with the appropriate fields. At display time, 'type' is also used to assign an appropriate template for that kind of object.
* Support for tags and categories, so you can classify and cross-reference content to your hearts content. You can assign multiple tags and categories to a publication, so you can display it in several parts of your site, if required.
* Support for collections: You can (for example) associate individual sound tracks with an album, or individual articles with a book. When the album is viewed, the related works are displayed as a list.
* Optional RSS feed for each tag and category; RSS autodiscovery links.
* A 'timeline' page allows publications to be browsed by month and year (based on News Archive). Also has separate tag and category index pages.
* Support for the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting - Library can expose its metadata to third party harvesters and participate in distributed digital library systems.
* Dynamic image resizing via module preferences. There are separate settings for 'image' type publications, which obviously you probably want to show larger.
* Toggle metadata fields on or off via module preferences, so you don't need to hack the templates.
* Like the other Gone Native modules, Library uses standard Dublin Core Metadata Intiative Fields as far as possible, and you should too. It also uses the DCMI Type Vocabulary, for specifying object types. Check it out some time!
* Adds support for module-specific category trees.
* (Minor) breaks in compatibility with other gone native modules, which need minor upgrades (done, see below).
CONTACT 1.04 BETA
* Adds support for module-specific categories, ie. when someone submits a message they can categorise it (support, sales, etc).
>>> Download Library 1.0, Contact 1.04 and Sprockets 2.0