Make a Lasting Impression

Checking abandon rate for forms - Formulize module
Home away from home
I've posted on the Formulize forums, and thought there might be some insight from this group, too.

We're using a form as a sort of lead generator - tell us some info and we'll follow up. I'm considering a change in format from a single page to a 2-page process. The required information is on the first page, and optional information on the 2nd.

I'm wondering if there is a way to actually measure abandon rate with a single page screen - we view the form, too, once they've completed it, and also make notes on elements only visible to us. If I could determine an abandon rate, I could actually measure the impact of going to a multiplage form. I have seen posts on capturing email addresses and minimizing the number of fields on the form, and also one on the effectiveness of multipage forms.

Has anyone found a way to measure abandon rate?

Some details - the people completing the form are anonymous users (not logged in), so there is no opportunity to have them come back and fill in more details. I've worked with sending them to another page after submitting their entry, and that only seems to work if the All Done button is active (in preferences and for the form). The general users seemed to have more difficulty when they had 2 buttons to deal with.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on: 4/8 14:52:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Checking abandon rate for forms - Formulize module
Home away from home
From Belgium
What you want to do resembles in a less laborate form to what ClickTale is offering.

I think Google Analytics might be used for that. Have a look at this article to see how it could be done.

Posted on: 4/10 11:21:19

Re: Checking abandon rate for forms - Formulize module
Home away from home
Thanks, David!

The Google Analytics and Tag Manager looks quite promising for what I would like to achieve.

Posted on: 4/14 2:17:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]