Make a Lasting Impression
News and Articles > ImpressCMS Community News > Contributor Spotlight > ImpressCMS Contributors - Retrospect

ImpressCMS Contributors - Retrospect

Published by [CMS]Stefan on 2013/1/2 (1814 reads)

In this series of articles, we take you back to how it all started for ImpressCMS.

We do this in a series of interviews with our early contributors. This series of interviews marks the 5th anniversary of ImpressCMS.

Indeed, the project has been alive and kicking for 5 years!

The first one to kick off is René Sato from our German Community but currently living in Tokyo where he works for a Japanese company as a System Engineer responsible for webdevelopment. In his private time, he represents the ImpressCMS community in Japan!

How did you get involved with ImpressCMS?Portrait Rene

I discovered ImpressCMS from the beginning as a great team, since then the CMS fulfilled all my requirements for projects with its community and business pages.

What are your targets for ImpressCMS?

My targets for the future are to create more free responsive themes with bootstrap and HTML5 Boilerplate. The first step is in a good phase and every one can download the themes over SVN. The second one is, to establish a Japanese community for ImpressCMS. A friend proposed to help me to support the website, because we have to use Japanese as a language. I also like to continue the developing on the "cms" module.

Any recommendations for the future?

For the future, I recommend to the core developer to seperate the comment function into a module. And to create a tag system with a long future. If we could find more developers, we should be able to do much more aggressive marketing for ImpressCMS, because the system is a very great alternative to Drupal or Joomla.

In which direction do you see the community evolve?

For the community I wish that they could to grow to continue, because there is lot of potential.

At this point I would like to express my sincere thank you especially to the German community team. We get a lot of translations, feedback and testings.
http://www.impresscms.de/modules/cm ... eutschland

You can follow René on our site via his profile: http://community.impresscms.org/use ... php?uid=10

Navigate through the articles
Previous article ImpressCMS Contributors - Retrospect Part 2 Goodbye our friend, you will be missed! Next article
The comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.
Poster Thread