Make a Lasting Impression
News and Articles > The ImpressCMS Project Announcement > ImpressCMS Gets more Social - move to Github

ImpressCMS Gets more Social - move to Github

Published by Fiammybe on 2015/7/24 (2522 reads)

assembla2Github

For a variety of reasons, we decided to move from an Assembla-hosted Git repository to a Github one, for our core development. The addons repository and others are not touched by this.

Some of the reasons for the switch:

• We'll get better exposure through Github - more people around
  • Many development-related services offer free licenses to open source projects that are on github
  • The move was painless, just a simple import via the Github importer tool

This means that the new Git repository is now available for cloning in Git at https://github.com/ImpressCMS/impresscms.git

To browse the repository, use https://github.com/ImpressCMS/impresscms

The addons repository needs some more work, but @fiammybe and @mekdrop are working on that as well. Expect some news about that move in the near future.

Navigate through the articles
Previous article ImpressCMS 1.3.8 available ImpressCMS and SecurifyLabs - Open Source Security Assurance Next article
The comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.
Poster Thread
skenow
Posted: 2015/7/25 15:59  Updated: 2015/7/25 16:02
Home away from home
 Re: ImpressCMS Gets more Social - move to Github
It was fairly simply to point my local projects to the new Github repository, without having to clone it and check it out. In Eclipse - open the Git Repository view, right-click on the repository, select Properties, then scroll down to the remote > origin > url configuration value. Paste in the github repo url, and save.

Then, test it out with a pull (fetch & merge).

MekDrop
Posted: 2015/7/25 19:01  Updated: 2015/7/25 19:01
Just can't stay away
I didn't knew that is possible from IDE, so I did it with following command:
git remote set-url origin git@github.com:ImpressCMS/impresscms.git
skenow
Posted: 2015/7/25 23:04  Updated: 2015/7/25 23:04
Home away from home
Your commit comments can update the tickets in Assembla (we'll still be using the tools there for now). The syntax to use is the same as before, with a notable exception - only "closed" works for closing a ticket. "close", "closes", "fix", "fixes", and "fixed" do not work.

I'm not sure if this is something because of Github, or if Assembla has changed something. Their notes indicate you can use any of those and it should update the tickets appropriately.